AB 104 Grade Changes

 Card Icon
Notice to Parents Under Assembly Bill 104 (AB 104)
Top of Page

AB 104 Grade Change Requests

Assembly Bill (AB) 104 (2021) authorizes parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in a high school course during the 2020–21 school year (or students, if 18 years old or older) to request a grade change. Eligible individuals may apply to change the letter grade on the student transcript to Pass or No Pass. Changing a letter grade to Pass or No Pass may improve your overall GPA if the letter grade was significantly lower in value than your overall GPA. 
AB 104 also requires the California State University (CSU) and requests the University of California (UC) and private colleges to accept Pass or No Pass grades on a student’s transcript for high school courses taken during the 2020–21 school year. Below is a list of colleges and universities in California that will accept Pass/No Pass grades on transcripts.
Please Note: Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.
If you would like to have any letter grades changed to Pass/No Pass please complete the state-approved form linked below and send it to AB104@gusd.org  no later than Tuesday, August 17, 2021. Gridley Unified School District may not change student grades after this date. If you are under 18 this must be completed by a parent/guardian. Paper copies of the form are also available at the school district office at 429 Magnolia Street or mailed to this address.