Rights Under McKinney-VentoTop of Page
- Right to remain in your school of origin - if you are forced to move to another school district due to losing adequate housing in our community, you have a right to remain enrolled in Gridley schools or to enroll in your new district.
- Right to transportation assistance - if you are forced to move out of Gridley due to a loss of adeuate housing that qualifies you under McKinney-Vento, you have a right to transportation assistance in order to maintain enrollment in Gridley.
- Right to immediate enrollment. Students who qualify under McKinney-Vento have the right to immediate enrollment even if they lack normally required paperwork to do so (birth certificate, previous school records, proof of guardianship, proof of residency, and immunizations). The school can then help you gather the needed paperwork or immunizations if they are lacking at the time of enrollment. In the meantime, you have right to attend classes and participate fully in school activities.
- Right to student services. Students who qualify uner McKinney-Vento have right to immediate access to school services such as the free breakfast and lunch program without normally required paperwork. The school can then help you gather the needed paperwork if it is lacking at the time of enrollment.
- Right to written explanation. If you are denied any of the above services/rights you are claiming under McKinney-Vento, you have a right to receive a written explanation of your denial and have a right to appeal.