Prescription pill container
GUSD complies with and is governed by state law regarding medication on campus. Education Code 49423 states that any student who is required to take medication during the school day may be assisted by the school nurse or other designated school personnel.
A medication authorization form is required before designated school staff can assist with administering medications. These medication authorization forms are available in the school offices or can be downloaded here: MEDICATION AUTHORIZATION FORM.
The school must receive a signed medication authorization form from the student’s physician detailing the method, amount and time schedules by which the medication is to be taken. This applies to inhalers , Epi-Pens, and medications, including medications prescribed by the physician and over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, Motrin, or cough syrup.
All authorized medications must be in their original container with their pharmacy label attached. Please bring all medications to the health office. Do not send them to school with your child.